Monday, February 7, 2011

Dapper Draper




This beautiful coat was given to me by an old co-worker. It was her grandmother's and had been sitting in an attic for twenty-plus years. She dug it out during her Spring Cleaning and kindly thought of me. I have spent a decent amount of time trying to figure out exactly when this coat was made and I had a sneaking suspicion it was sometime in the 50's. When Low and Behold!!!!!!!!! . . . . there was my coat on Mad Men . . . and on Betty Draper no less. I am assuming that because it was already in her wardrobe by 1961, she bought it in the mid-to-late 50's. There are a few minor cosmetic differences, but overall, we are looking at the same coat! How great that I now know when this lovely coat was designed and produced.

No comments:

Post a Comment